Grow our own organic vegetables year-around.
Enjoy healthy aquarium fish for years!
Aquaponics is a self-balanced biological system, a combination of a fish tank and hydroponics.
The system contains four main components, each complements and helps the other:
- Fish in the tank produce nitrogenous compounds
- Bacteria in the growing medium transform those compounds into a form needed by plants
- Plants, growing on the medium, consume their nutrients and clean water
- Water flow transfers nutrients to the plants while clean water and oxygen is transferred to the fish
An aquaponic system can replace an aquarium filter and air pump together with much better results.
Fish in an aquaponic system are healthier, live longer and require less care. Even wild-caught fish live for years!
Plants in an aquaponic system never need watering or fertilizer. Growing medium never needs replacement.
The table - top system is designed to fit on a standard aquarium stand or any kind of table. The table should be strong enough to hold the weight of the aquarium.
The system includes:
- Wooden frame made from sustainable spruce, oil stained
- One food grade plastic planter
- One bag of growing medium, 1.7 gallon
- Aquarium pump
- Siphon assembly
- Water exchange and safety drain parts
- FISH TANK IS NOT INCLUDED
The system features
- An option to use an existing aquarium
- Robust and reliable siphon with easily adjustable water level in grow-beds, easy to maintain, clean and replace
- Safety drain to prevent planters overflow
- Low-wattage, efficient aquarium pump
- Light and reliable frame, made of whole wood
The stand dimensions: 12.5" x 18" x 22" height.
The planter dimensions: 15" x 12" x 5.5" height.
The space available for an aquarium: 12.5" x 16" x 12" height.
The next common aquarium sizes can fit into the system:
Volume in Gallons
Dimensions in Inches
(L x W x H)
|2.5 Mini Tank||12 x 6 x 8|
|5.5||16 x 8 x 10|
Table-top aquaponics, small size
- Product Code: wwf-asf
- Availability: In Stock