Maison-de-Vers is a medium sized worm composting system. It is capable to process the same amount of food waste as most popular bins on the market, while being made of sustainable, rot-resistant wood.
The bin comes as an easy to assembly set. It take no more than 30 minutes to get it ready to use.
- Tray size 20" x 15" x 3.5" high.
- Farm size: 20" x 15" x 24" high. Tray depth is 3.5"
- Tray volume 0.5 cubic feet
- Compost capacity per 4 trays: 5 cubic feet
- Full trays weigh about 30 pounds each
- Average flow through for 4 trays' bin: 6lb a week
- Time for ready compost: 2 months
- Material: Untreated spruce
Because of the properties of wood as a material, the bin always remains well-aerated and never has problems with moisture. Wood is also better at protecting worms from overheating or freezing.
As the system processes the material, the volume of that material will get reduced to about ⅔ or ¾ of its original volume. But the separating flexible mesh of an upper tray bends down and remains in contact with compost on the lower tray. This enables worms to thoroughly process the compost and then move to a new tray.
Since the weight of a single tray full with compost is around 30lb, it is not recommended to lift more then 2 trays at once.
Maison de Vers Worm Farm
- Product Code: wwf-md
- Availability: In Stock